About Christian Assembly Ministries
Founded by Pastor Paul Andrew, Christian Assembly Ministries was birthed through prayer. The Lord heard a cry of small prayer group who hungered and thirsted for more of God through the working of the Holy Spirit. From its conception in 1986, the Ministry grew rapidly, so that it soon became necessary to rent a building Large enough to accommodate those who were being drawn to the ministry. The church began at the Silston library on Redcliffe Street. The Building soon became too small and alternative locations were sought. As a short term measure, we used the upstairs of Mrs. Martins Building on Union Road. However, we returned to the Silston Library where we continued our church service with significant growth.
Since we were “Bursting at the seams”, Christian Assembly moved to the Clare Hall Secondary School where we stayed for some time, but then had to relocate due to ravages incurred by Hurricane Luis in 1995. Permission was given to use the Methodist Church Hall and we fellow-shipped there until December 1996. At this time we were asked to find another venue and instead of looking elsewhere, it was decided to move into our current building at Paynter’s.
The Corporate Vision
God’s vision for our church is vital, it tells us what plans and expectations the Lord has for us and paints a picture of the future. When we allow that vision to enter our hearts and minds, we know where we are heading and how to get there. God has a unique vision for each of us, just as he has a special one for each local church fellowship; when we get the Vision, we get direction. All visions given to Godly men and women are therefore Biblical and are in keeping with God’s word: “Then the Lord answered me and said; Write the vision, and make it plain on tables, that he may run who read it. For the Vision is yet for an appointed time; but at end it speak and it will not lie, through it tarries, wait for it, because it will surely come. It will not tarry” – Habakkuk 2; 2, 3.
Christian Assembly Minis
try – Its Vision
Christian Assembly is to become the hub out of which branch many ministries, all to the honor and Glory of our Lord and in accordance with his divine and sovereign will.
- Education – To foster excellence in our academic achievements, to increase self-worth, to open doors of possibility.
- Children – Provide academic institutions from day care to secondary school
- Adult Education – Amplification and continuation of literacy programs, foreign language preparation for international ministry/evangelical outreach.
10am-12:30pm every Sunday
- Wednesdays – 7:30pm-9:30pm
- Thursday – Prayer from 6:00am to 6:00pm
- Friday – Praise and Worship Practice 7:45pm
- Sunday Outreach in the Grays farm and Villa Areas
- Baby Dedication (Every 3rd Sunday)
- Communion Service (Every 1st Sunday)
Church Office Hours:
Monday through Saturday: 8.30am to 5pm